Back in February, we discovered wet carpet in our bedroom. The water was coming from a common wall in our condo. It took days to find the leak and stop the water, mainly because the plumbers needed to enter other units. They finally tracked down the leak and shut it off, but we were left with wet carpet and walls that were wet with some holes in them.

After weeks of going back and forth, waiting for insurance to approve things, we finally got recovery started. Last night we checked into a hotel(paid for by the insurance) and this morning a crew cleared everything out of the room and tore down the wall. Yesterday felt like the longest possible day, getting everything ready.

They’re letting it dry and will check back on it in 3 or 4 days.

Hopefully reconstruction will happen soon after that. For now, the kids are enjoying the hotel breakfast.